Proven by Science Preferred by Farmers
For more information contact
SILOSTOP Bale Wrap Film is the world’s first oxygen barrier bale wrap film. It’s thin (0.98 mil) film which prevents the entry of oxygen into the bale. It can be used in exactly the same way as a conventional PE bale wrap, with the same level of stretch and the same basic handling and storage conditions.
BENEFITS OF SILOSTOP BALE WRAP FILM
- Reduces dry matter losses by more than 40% per bale during storage.
- Less risk of diseases from accidental ingestion of moldy silage by animals.
- Yeast counts are reduced.
- Better palatability and increased animal intake.
- Less film per bale results in time saving and lower recycling costs.
- Almost 100 times more effective at stopping oxygen than conventional PE bale wrap brands of the same thickness.
SILOSTOP BARRIER FILM
The most critical factor in maintaining high quality silage minimizing dry matter loss is keeping oxygen out. SILOSTOP protects forages from oxygen, OVER 60 TIMES MORE THAN STANDARD PLASTIC COVERS.
Making silage relies on an anaerobic fermentation to convert sugars to organic acid. This fermentation cannot take place in the presence of air. So SILOSTOP makes a more adequate environment to create quality silage.
Benefits of SILOSTOP
- Protects feed from Oxygen
- Reduce dry matter loss in top 3 feet
- Decrease visible spoilage
- Maintain feed quality during storage
- Increase aerobic stability in the surface silage
- Save labor
The reaction when air permeates silage
Silage is exposed to air → Lactate Assimilating Yeasts ‘wake up’ and degrade lactic acid → Numbers of yeasts increase → Highly degradable nutrients are destroyed → Heat is produced → pH increases → Molds/bacteria ‘wake up’ causing further spoilage → More heating → Massive spoilage
|Dry Matter Losses|
|Steel/Glass OL tower||6%|
|Tower concrete/cast in place||10%|
IMPORTANT MANAGEMENT STEPS
- Fill Bunkers and piles correctly
- Packing: Maintain a minimum slope of 1 to 3 feet packing 6 to 8 inches at a time
- Never fill bunker higher than the top wall
- Packing equation: 15-17lb DM/cu ft.
- Pack tractor weight / 800 = tons per hour
- Cover with SILOSTOP Oxygen Barrier Film
- This film cuts the losses in the outer 2 to 3 feet of silage by 50%, compared to black and white plastic
- Barrier film can be used solely on the top of the bunker but for maximum benefits use on bunker walls as well
- Manage Feed out
- Use proper techniques such as shaving silage down the feed out face
- Average removal is 6 to 12 inches a day
HOW TO BETTER YOUR SILAGE PROGRAM
- Communicate and prepare
- Inoculate at the forage harvester
- Reach an optimum silage density
- Apply the best seal- SILOSTOP
No Damage Done!
SILOSTOP DESCRIPTION & SIZES
|Film (2-Step)||Orange Wall Film||13×328|
|Orange Wall Film||20×328|
|Orange Top Film||26×1664|
|Orange Top Film||33×164|
|Orange Top Film||39×164|
|Orange Top Film||52×164|
|Orange Top Film||65×164|
|Orange Top Film||39×1000|
|Orange Top Film||52×1000|
|Orange Top Film||65×1000|
|Orange Top Film||52×2000|
|Orange Top Film||65×2000|
|White on Black (1-Step)||White/Black 1 Step Top I||39×150|
|White/Black 1 Step Top I||52×150|
|White/Black 1 Step Top I||52×600|
|Silage Bag Nets||20×49 to 59×49|
GRAVEL BAGS: Built for long life
- Specifically designed for superior bunker sealing
- Convenient and easy to handle
- Fill with pea sized round stone to allow for water drainage
- Standard gravel bags reduce need for tires and seal edges and seams of bunker
- Face gravel bags designed to seal the feed face, during feed out
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PRICING, TO SET UP A TOUR OR TRIAL CONTACT: