Grain & Agronomy Operations Specialist
Grain and Agronomy Operations Specialist
Job Location: Smithville, OH
Reports to: Site Manager
Position Objective: The Grain and Agronomy Operations Specialist takes Individuals who take pride and ownership in their work and are conscientious, enjoy physical work, driven to interact with others, respond positive to pressure and have an internal drive. This individual will also have a clear sense of where they are headed, make progress toward goals, and are forthright and honest. Always using common sense, to determine how best to proceed, with the underlying expectation being to meet the cooperative’s mission and goals which will ultimately result in outstanding customer service.
Occupation Specific Tasks:
- Safety is the first priority
- Ability to grade grain, sample grain, and assure proper storage of grain delivered by customers after being properly trained
- Maintain grain grading license
- Work with team to ship and receive grain commodities
- Assure compliance with all grain related procedures established by the coop
- Work with agronomy operations during peak season, assisting with various tasks
- Attention to details and self-pride in a job well done
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service at all times
- Perform duties as requested by management
The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator, both paper and over the phone, as he/she will frequently deal with customers, ability to work long hours under stressful conditions, must be able to routinely meet deadlines. Pay will be based on experience.
Required/Preferred Skills: Grain grading license required, will provide training and ongoing continued testing to maintain, CDL Endorsement a plus, will train if needed
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
Send Resume to Karen Alsop at [email protected] Questions call 419-281-2153 and ask for Karen.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, completed application and list of three references to:
Human Resource Manager
813 Clark St.
Ashland, Ohio 44805
All Centerra locations have applications on site, or click here to print the application.